LISTING OF SOME OF THE EVENTS
- School Day - Friday, October 2, 2009 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. Not open to the public. For school children, teachers, chaperones, and bus drivers only. NGHS FFA will be there to assist you.
- Saturday, October 3, 2009 - Period music throughout the day, Ladies Tea around 10:00 A.M., battle at 1:30 P.M., old fashioned root beer stand, kettle corn, sutlers for period merchandise, Grand Ball on grounds at 8:00 P.M., and much more. Grounds open from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Sunday, October 4, 2009 - Period music throughout the day, old fashioned church service at 9:00 A.M., battle at 1:30 P.M., and much more.
- Mark Twain and General and Julia Grant will be there; artillery with cannons, cavalry mounted on horses, and foot soldiers or infantry from both the North (dark blue) and South (gray) will be here as well. Women will be dressed as male soldiers, too.
- Charges at gate both Saturday and Sunday are as follows: Adults - $3.00 and Children under 12 are FREE.
- Restroom facilities (handicap accessible) are available for your convenience. Food vendors on site. Period merchants called sutlers will be available to sell souvenirs.
- Check out our website: http://www.geocities.com/gengrant62/civilwardays.html
- Browse General Grant's website, too: http://www.geocities.com/gengrant1862
- Contact: Mark A. Brown RR#1, Box 39 Roodhouse, IL 62082 217-927-4301 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!
Patricia A. Brown
HS math teacher at NGHS
(aka: Julia Dent Grant - email@example.com)